ThyPSA From The Endocrine Society
We here at Dear Thyroid have the most amazing opportunity each week to see thyroid disease through the eyes of you, our loyal readers and submitters. It’s cathartic, enlightening, difficult and sad, and also pretty funny. And, conversely, every Sunday, you all lovely people get to see thyroid disease through my (Liz’s) eyes. Because, for me, a huge component of my illness revolves around food and natural lifestyle choices; that is, how our choices really have the power to either hurt or help our bodies amidst this dysfunction. As much as our disease(s) have huge and undeniable genetic components, in my humble opinion, it’s also very important to pay attention to the environment and circumstances in which we live and the choices we make for our bodies.
Recently, The Endocrine Society has released a statement affirming something strikingly similar. The 50-page paper delineates, mainly, environmental links to endocrine disruptors and thyroid disease that Dear Thyroid urges you readers to read, pour over, examine, and absorb. In order to properly cope and live wholly-healthfully, we need to learn all we can about thyroid disease and all that’s implicated in its causes. Oh, and because the prevalence of thyroid disorders is growing, please pass this on:
From the Endocine Society, a 50 page statement” “We present the evidence that endocrine disruptors have effects on male and female reproduction, breast development and cancer, prostate cancer, neuroendocrinology, thyroid, metabolism and obesity, and cardiovascular endocrinology,Ã¢â‚¬ the society declared.
“How To Kick Your Thyroid’s Ass”:
- This Is Not (Necessarily) About Vaginas
- Gluten And Your Thyroid Might Be In A Fight
- Don’t Be Grainwashed
- Goitrogens and Soy, A Double Oy
- Thylectable Reads
- Think Fatty, Not Faddy
- Dairy Beware, Autoimmune Sufferers Are Onto You
Mary Shomon on About.com:
- The Environment’s Effects On Your Thyroid Health
- Thyroid-Damaging Flame Retardant Exposure Linked To House Dust
- EPA To Identify Endocrine Disruptors — Including Thyroid Disruptors — Among Pesticides And Chemicals
- White House Stops EPA From Regulating Perchlorate: Dangerous Levels of Rocket Fuel Chemical That Causes Thyroid Problems Will Remain in Water
- Can Sunscreen Hurt Your Thyroid?
- Teflon Chemical May Harm Thyroid