To the rest of our Thyrella and Thyfella readers and writers, we are going to be running some thylicious contests over the next few months with all kinds of kick ass giveaways. In fact, if you scroll down, you’ll see the first one!
New dish on Dear Thyroid; thanks to Mark Davidson’s sage advice to create a podcast and Mary Shomon’s cleverness to turn Tales from Thyietnam into a podcast, we are launching an interactive Tales from Thyietnam podcast with AWESOME guests. More details forthcoming soon.
This week, we had some crazy ass searches. I’m so curious how Dear Thyroid came up on some of these babies. Wait–why fight the fun, right?
- What does it mean to have your thyroid? Instead of answering this one, I’m going to pose the question to our readers. In the comments section, you have until Thursday, August 13th, to come up with a witty, sarcastic, ironic, angry, or a positive response, in under 50 words. We will post each and every response. Everyone will be able to vote until midnight on August 20th. The winner will be announced when we post Thyrants on Saturday, August 22nd. Whoever receives the most votes, wins any T-shirt they wish from the Dear Thyroid Store.
- 1950 radio: Though very new millennium, do podcasts count?
- Pin up reading: Agreed! Pin up dames paired with letters, is thyliterarylicious.
- Speak up images – How much fucking louder would you like them to be? Read between the lines, not just the lines. Oh, you feel me now, huh?
- You rave – We rant. What’s the ish?
- Corn on the cob with butter: Would kill for it. Sadly, most of us don’t indulge in such a treat. Thanks so much for stopping by and taunting us with your food porn.
- Why would they kill your thyroid – So it doesn’t kill us first?!
- Compulsive book collecting: As compared to collecting dead bodies?
- Ass jpg: Send us yours and we’ll decide if you’re worthy of receiving ours.
- Don’t want to be around people thyroid: Aww; are you worried that you can catch a lil’ ol’ thyroid disease by being around us, or touching us? You can’t, pricklette/snatchstick, and while we hate that you think you can, we still wouldn’t wish this horrific vile disease on any of you.
That wraps up this week’s searches. Don’t forget, you have a task at hand. Respond in comments to question #1.
Some things to note: Are you a thymenyrella or a thyperimenyrella? If so, Mary Shomon’s new book “The Menopause Thyroid Solution“ is out. I suggest you grab yourself a copy and fast.
Got any thynews you want mentioned at the end of Thursday’s posts? If so, e-stalk Katie and she’ll be happy to share it!