This week’s searches were short and bizarre. I found myself thinking, Say what?!
- Ellen thyroid and you – Great name for a talk show, right?
- Raw pork thyroid: Is your plan to rub raw pork on your neck and hope it penetrates and heals, your thyroid gland? Or, do you plan to mainline pork into your thyroid? Either way, I need to know what your plan is, and if it works. Either way, drop me a line, I’m all ears.
- Thyroid china: It doubles for most, and triples for fun!
- Feeling your thyroid jump – What does that mean exactly? Is your thyroid doing the jig? A Celtic dance? A little hip-hop? Can we create some kind of cash flow for this thyrooving gland of yours.
- How to trick your thyroid: Into behaving normally? We’ve tried. We wish.
In other news…
- Tales From Thyietnam Podcast is now official, replete with a stellar line-up.
- Flickr Pool: The topic for August is HOPE, in photographs. If you haven’t submitted, be sure to submit your photos to email@example.com.
- Marco Thylo: This evening all of the entrants from last week’s Marco Thylo contest will be posted. Thank you to everyone who chimed in with their two-cents. You will, have until August 20th to vote for your favorite responses. , The winner will receive anything they wish from the Dear Thyroid Store.
- Teens, Dear Thyroid Wants You: We’ve gotten a wonderful response from teens interested in writing an ongoing series. We plan to work with each and every one of you. For those who haven’t yet responded, but remain interested, please contact Katie@dearthyroid.com.
I would like to take a moment and introduce you to an extraordinary man I have fallen head over heels for. Don’t worry, it’s not in a creepy chick syndrome way, it’s in a health-advocate-struggle-bondy-bondable-kind-of-way.
Via Kairol Rosenthal, Author of Everything Changes, I met Steve, writer of Adventures of A Funky Heart. Liz wrote a beautiful post for Dear Thyroid’s first “Patients for a Moment“ Blog Carnival. If you haven’t read it, please do, it’s gorgeous.
Steve is an adult congenital heart defect survivor, and, advocate for creating awareness about cardiac diseases and congenital pediatric diseases. Similarly, he’s emphatic about educating parents who are, raising children with heart defects, and so much more. I’ve had the privilege of e-stalking with him for the past week now. Through our discussions and from the links he’s sent, in a word, he’s awesome. Steve, interviews various cardiac patients not just surviving not just beating the odds. Rather, as Liz would say, kicking their hearts asses. Through humor, genuine candor and love, his thoughts, feelings and willingness to, well, get to the heart of the matter, is astounding.
If you know someone struggling with a cardiac condition, or a parent with a child who has a cardiac condition in need of a place to learn more about it and find, support, I urge you to please visit and send them to Steve’s blog.
Tags: Adventures of a Funky Heart, Dear Thyroid Searches, Everything Changes Book, Flickr Pool HOPE in photographs, Marco Thylo, Patients for a Moment Blog Carnival, Tales from Thyietnam podcast, Teens Dear Thyroid Wants You