Dear Thyroid Needs YOU… And A Few Newsy Thybites
Gland Canyon news coming at you! We have a few questions and delightful findings we’re excited to share with you, among other things about community outreach, awareness bands and all kinds of glandly goodness.
- If you sent a SASE for a Thyroid Awareness band INVISIBLE NO MORE, and you didn’t receive it; we didn’t get it kicked back to us, which means some postal worker is wearing it, and spreading awareness (yay), or it’s sitting in the lost and forever not found pile. Please re-send your SASE. As mentioned, you should have two 61 cent stamps on your envelope.
- If you have not received your INVISIBLE NO MORE thyroid awareness band, please let us know. All of them have gone out. Some got kicked back to us. For those, we’ll be emailing you to confirm your email address. Otherwise, if you haven’t received it, please tell us!
- If you have received your awareness band, we hope it’s everything you wanted it to be. we thank you for spreading awareness for Thyroid Diseases and Thyroid Cancers. Our bands will help us collectively, I hope, reach our goals of creating more awareness. And, that we’re ready to fight and win the war against cancer and autoimmune diseases. We ain’t taking this lying down. No sireee-bob.
- Kerri Schwartz (yes, she’s Katie’s sister, and though she doesn’t have a thyroid disease or thyroid cancer (knock wood), she’s been indelibly changed by the disease. (Hi. Graves girl. Can I get a yay for thyroid psychoses/thyrotoxicosis?!
- Kerri will be handling/managing our local Dear thyroid Meet ups. Many of you have emailed us with your location and email address. She will be reaching out to you, so you can host/participate in a Dear Thyroid Meet up in your city.
- If you haven’t connected with us and you want to participate, please contact Kerri.
- Thank you, Kerri!
- Thank you to everyone for participating. We’ve had some thyliciously successful meet-ups. Let’s keep it going – offline support is as important as offline support.
- If you haven’t created a Dear Thyroid profile, please do, and start mingling! Yay.
- You can embed your profile URL into your blog or any space you claim on the web. Not only is this great for continuing our awareness endeavors; it also helps us all be a bit more brave about sharing our respective diseases. Your unique URL is http://dearthyroid.org/name
- You can submit Dear Thyroid written, video and audio letters. we hope you will. Keep those cards and letters coming. The more we speak out about our diseases, the more awareness we create, and catharsis, for ourselves and each other (we hope).
DEAR THYROID NEEDS YOU!
- We are putting together a piece and we would like your feedback regarding your experience using Dear Thyroid, submitting letters, participating in Thyrants/Thyraves, Literary Healings, our Facebook group; etc. Everyone will remain anonymous, of course, if you wish. We would love to know if Dear Thyroid has affected your life, and how. We very much appreciate it and you.
Tags: awareness bands, Dear Thyroid Community, Dear Thyroid Reviews, Dear Thyroid testimonials, Dear thyroid's impact on patients, graves, Hashimotos, health, hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Literary, literary thyroid brand, support, thyroid, thyroid cancer