Thyme For Literary Healing: Differentiating Between Taking Care Of Ourselves And Meeting Daily Responsibilities
Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about what it means to take care of ourselves. We are dealing with thyroid disease, multiple chronic conditions and/or thyroid cancer. Additionally, we have lives, families, careers, and responsibilities. Meeting all of our obligations, paired with the ‘need’ or is that ‘requirement’, to take care of ourselves is a seemingly impossible, or is that, daunting task.
In today’s “Thyme for a literary healing”, I thought we’d talk about how we manage everything, if it all. We can share tips and seek advice, among other things.
Here are a few questions to get us going:
- Do you know how to take care of yourself?
- When you take care of yourself, do other things in your life fall to the wayside?
- What is your definition of taking care of yourself?
- Do you feel that financial and ‘life’ obligations prohibit you from taking care of yourself the way you wish you could?
- How do you manage EVERYTHING?
Ready? Set. Write!
Tags: how to care for ourselves with chronic illness, managing expenses related to thyroid disease, managing thyroid symptoms, Thyme For Literary Healing: Differentiating Between Taking Care Of Ourselves And Meeting Daily Responsibilities, thyroid cancer expenses, thyroid cancer support, thyroid patient discussions