Thyme For Literary Healing: The Emotional Expense Of Disease
We’ve discussed the financial hardships and repercussions of disease, but what about the emotional toll disease takes. It seems to me that the cost is far too high. Relationships are forever altered or destroyed. Our personal lives are turned inside out and upside down. Finding our way through a prism riddled in anguish, heartache and anger is seemingly impossible.
Let’s talk about the emotional toll our diseases have taken on us – how high a price we’ve paid and/or how we’ve found our way through it. If we share our stories, we’ll discover similarities, gather tips about reinvention in this area and learn so much from each other.
Here are a few questions to get us started:
- Do you feel that your disease(s) have come with an emotional price tag?
- What have you emotionally endured?
- Did you ever imagine, in a million years that you would have to pay an emotional toll for a disease or diseases?
- What do you think your friends and family have paid emotionally as a result of your disease?
- Have you emotionally been able to reinvent yourself and your relationships?
Ready? Set. Write!
Tags: diseases impact on relationships, emotional upheaval as a result of disease, has disease affected your emotional life, how have you reinvented your emotional wellbeing, Thyme for Literary Healing: The emotional expense of disease, thyroid patient discussions, what have you lost emotionally