Thyroid Cancer, When All Was Said; I Was Done
It’s been almost a year since we parted ways. My mother worried I was being overzealous, and expressed her opinion that maybe I should reconsider our separation. Others tried to be supportive of my choosing to leave you, but I could always catch a tiny bit of doubt in their eyes. Some said I wouldn’t make it without you, they said I’d be a fool to leave you.
The unknown is a scary place. There are some things in life you have to do alone. I’d wondered if I was making a mistake…how would my life be without you, after what seems a life time together? Secretly, I wasn’t sure I could make it without you. Over the years you made me doubt myself as a wife, a mother, and a woman. You made me so tired, and at other times, so ugly inside, and out. You scarred me in more ways than words can express. I was dying inside, I had to choose to live without you.
The decision was the right one, I know that now. It’s taken me a while to really believe that my life is better without you. Changing my life, and redefining who I am as a woman wasn’t an easy task to complete. I am grateful for each day that I grow stronger. The scars you left on me remind me of my strength, and my courage. It reminds me of my belief, and that I am not a victim. I am a survivor, today, and forever.
About Me: After ten years, and eight doctors, I finally had answer. Lucky for me, it was before the cancer spread. Again I realize, I am a survivor. XOXO
- Multinodular Goiter diagnosed Sept. 2009~
- Hashimoto’s diagnosed Sept. 2009~
- 4 FNA (inconclusive) Oct. 2009 ~
- Total Thyroidectomy Nov. 13 2009~
- First ever thyroid meds taken Nov. 14 2009~
- Papillary Follicular Thyroid Cancer Survivor confirmed on Nov. 23 2009~
- PCOS confirmed diagnoses Dec 14 2009~
- RAI 131 100Mci Feb. 10th, 2010~9am (in hospital stay 2-3 days)
- Full body scan deemed free of cancer Feb. 19th 2010~
- LABS: TSH= .006 and Tg= negligible; 1 lymph node considered enlarged but benign July 6, 2010~
Tags: Cancer patient letters, Dear Thyroid Letters, empowering thryoid cancer letters, family support for cancer patients, making decisions about thyroidectomy for cancer, thyroid cancer letters, Thyroid Cancer When All Was Said I Was Done written by Justi