We Are At The Beginning Of Change…
Wednesday December 12th 2018

Archives

The Gland That Could Would and Did, but Lost

Post Published: 12 April 2011
Author:
Category: Dear Thyroid Letters
This post currently has 7 responses. Leave a comment

I lost my whole thyroid to thyroid cancer back in June 2009. I decided to get this tattoo on the back of my neck as my way of standing up to this big thyroid mess. I figured losing my thyroid is as permanent as this tattoo and as “ugly.”  I didn’t have a say over losing it or what my body and mind did after I lost it.  Now I’m taking it back.

–By Emily

Follow Emily on Dear Thyroid

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Follow Dear Thyroid on Twitter/@DearThyroid | See our Facebook Page | Become a Fan on Facebook | Join our Facebook Group

You Can Create a Dear Thyroid Profile and share with friends!

Reader Feedback

7 Responses to “The Gland That Could Would and Did, but Lost”

1. Hypogirl says:

Beautiful!!! Love it.

2. Tina says:

What a great idea! I too, suffered from thyroid cancer in 2005, I lost my thyroid also. You are so right! It has been nothing short of a mess..But I am here and I am doing good, so I should not complain! Best wishes too you!

3. Melanie says:

This is amazing!

4. Mary says:

Too cool. Mary

5. Amanda says:

Emily,
    Creative and beautiful. What a great way to “take it back”.

Amanda

6. Melissa Travis says:

I have used tattoos on many areas of my body to reclaim what I have lost, what I have forgotten, and what I am choosing to remember is important about me. This tattoo is beautiful. Reclaiming space is necessary and doing it through body art is yet another way we CAN.

x
    Melissa

7. Diana says:

All I can say is…WOW!

Comments are moderated in an effort to control spam. If you have a previously approved Comment, this one should go right through. Thanks for your patience!

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.