Melissa Travis grew up in Ohio and thinks the Midwest is a great place to be from. She enjoys knitting and watching her 401k deflate. She is currently ABD in sociology and wonders when her dissertation will write itself. She worked as an academic librarian for a few years because she wanted to see if Buffy the Vampire Slayer was real and because librarians are hot (meow!). She does standup comedy and improvisation and is a humorist and writer. For now she’s happy with paying rent and affording food for herself and her two cats and her doggie. She enjoys both the high and low-brow events in life, including attending the opera, holistic healing, reading smutty vampire books, and alternative history and wizard novels, as well as watching B monster movies and all things sci-fi (Dr. Who!) She loves dressing up for DragonCon, board games, and girl geekery. (This is also known as not ever getting laid – just in case you need help de-coding the geek-speak). Melissa examines the intersections of multiple auto-immune illnesses and sickness on her life by openly mocking them and poking them with sticks. She also loves banana popsicles, real Hawaiian shave ice, and might be a little food obsessed. She is also sitting on an inflatable donut.
- Thyroid, Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better
- I WIN!
- Let’s Not Dig Graves Yet
- Lessons My Thyroid Taught Me
- Jody, by Lolly Parton
- Thyroid Disease Documentary: SICK TO DEATH!
- Kicking Thyroid Cancer’s Ass
- Los Angeles, CA Newly Diagnosed or Treated Thyroid Cancer Patients, Please Participate
- You’re a Bad Ex-Boyfriend That Won’t Go Away
- Model Molly Sims talks baby weight, thyroid problem
- To my NumberTwo Systems Controller from Thyroid Support Ireland
- Thyroid, You Killed My Teen Years
- Be Aware of the Large Thyroid
- Cancer and Cauliflowers
- WTF, Thyroid?!