Dear Thyroid Meet Ups & An Awareness Contest!
This is going to be an exciting post, filled with lots of activities and things for us to do for offline support and to champion our goals for awareness! Are you with me? Are your glands twitching in anticipation?
Local Meet Ups
Thyrellas and Thyfellas, the Dear Thyroid Local Meet Ups are in full swing again. If you don’t see your city listed, please let me know and I will be sure to add it. Similarly, if you are interested in hosting at a coffee shop, organizing or anything else, please email Katie, here, here and here. I will help orchestrate all offline Dear Thyroid Meet Ups and we’ll get them listed in the official Dear Thyroid calendar, so we can invite others in your area to participate. So far, we’ve had three, two via phone and one in person. Read about the Pembroke meet up and the International Teleythone meet up, but illustrate, so, poignantly, the importance of offline support and connecting with other thyroid patients and how cathartic their experience was.
My hope is that one meet up begets monthly meet ups and ultimately ongoing support. As you know, I believe so hard in offline support, as much as I believe in online support. Don’t be shy. I mean, you can be shy. Kindly remember that you aren’t alone. Connecting with patients who understand what it means to have a thyroid disorder or thyroid cancer, can be a deeply enriching experience for all of us, evidenced by the above posts.
Dear Thyroid Awareness Bracelets
Forgive the poor quality picture. We now have Dear Thyroid Awareness Bracelets for FREE! This is our gift to you from Dear Thyroid
The color is within the autoimmune family, a blue-ish, gray-ish purple-ish.
(Side One) DearThyroid.org (side two) Invisible No MoreÃ¢”ž¢ (Liz Schau created the slogan, we love it and we hope you do, too.
Blogger Outreach – Awareness Contest
To continue our effort in raising awareness, we are asking our dear, dear, dear thyroidians to please help us with blogger outreach and do the following. Winners receive a free bracelet!
- Comment on 5 health related blogs, whether they are about thyroid disease or thyroid cancer and ask them if they have considered writing a post about Thyroid Disease and how ‘sexy’ this disease is. You can even offer them a link to these, statistics, “Full Lips, Curvy Breasts and the Tightest Little Thyroid You’ve Ever Seen“.
- You can post on behalf of Dear Thyroid or independent of Dear Thyroid, whatever you wish. The goal is to create awareness.
- Our goal is to reach 50 bloggers over the next 60 days and bring ‘sexy’ to this disease.
- Dear Thyroid will write an article for them, which is something you can offer the blogger, or you can write an article, whatever is easiest for you is great for us.
- For all the people who reach 5 health bloggers, we will send FREE bracelets to in gratitude for your efforts in outreach.
Are you with me? Are you ready to spread awareness on behalf of the 13MM undiagnosed patients; on behalf of the 50MM struggling with this disease, and on behalf of thyroid cancer patients and survivors (a type of cancer that is growing at an alarming rate)?
Once you’ve hit your goal of 5 blogs, email Katie with your mailing address and the type of bracelet you want and consider it sent!
Vote, Vote, Vote
I wrote a post recently titled “It’s Not About Me, it’s About We“. Dear Thyroid has been nominated for a ShortyAward. The reason why I have a massive hard-on for this, is because it’s a wonderful opportunity to continue our grassroots efforts to — wait for it — spread awareness. You can vote every single day! In the above mentioned post, I wrote about all the different things you can say regarding why this is important to you.
With that, I am off like a prom dress!
Tags: Dear Thyroid blogger outreach, dear thyroid meet ups, hyperthyroidism support, hypothyroidism support, offline thyroid patient support, thyroid awareness bracelets, thyroid cancer support, Thyroid disease support, tweet ups