Thyme For Some Literary Healing: Exorbitant Medical Expenses
In today’s Thyme for some Literary Healing, we’re going to discuss the big elephant in the room. Not that one, another one – one that we deal with constantly and rarely discuss. Wait for it — Exorbitant medical expenses. So many of us are forced into bankruptcy, moving in with relatives, and homelessness. Treating chronic conditions in today’s economic climate is horrific, regardless of where you live (I think). Even if the country you reside in offers a public option, it doesn’t mean you’re going to get the care you need unless you go ‘private’. Additionally, in the US, doctors are as stuck as patients are with respect to insurance – they don’t get paid – we don’t get coverage. It’s a vicious and frustrating cycle.
We thought we’d ask a few questions, so we can connect with each other and share our plights, ideas and resources.
- Do you have medical insurance?
- What is your out of pocket with medical insurance?
- If you don’t have medical insurance, how do you treat your condition?
- What does it cost you to treat your condition per month?
- How has the cost of treating your condition affected you?
Ready? Set? Write!