Rewrite your Thyroid Story
Whether you have thyroid cancer, Graves’ disease, Hashimoto’s, a thyroid condition or anything thyroid related, if your life has changed, radically or otherwise:
- What if you could rewrite your story?
- How would you tell it? How would you do it over?
- What changes would you make?
- What have you learned?
- What was taken from you that you need to reclaim?
- What would you tell your thyroid?
- What would you tell yourself or your doctor, or your caregivers?
Rewrite your story as you imagine it or fantasize about it. Speaking for myself, I fantasize about it. I go back to many moments, but three stand out the most… When I was never tested, though my WBC was through the roof and when I was lied to by my doctor about having a NORMAL thyroid. Years later, evidence surfaced to the contrary. I wish I knew what a thyroid was and what it did. I’d go that far back.
What about you?
Submit your stories in comments or to submissions@DearThyroid.org. We will publish all of them. Maybe we’ll find some healing, laughter and tears along the way. We’ll never know if we don’t try.