Healing Our Thyroids One Letter at a Time, As Many As it Takes!
About Dear Thyroid
Dear Thyroid is a unique brand of thyroid support. 99% of our site is written by and for patients with thyroid diseases and cancers, and their families. Our community is comprised of brave women, teens and men. Each writes love and hate letters to their thyroids, among other literary things (Thyrants, Thyme for a Literary Healing, to name a few). Additionally, we have several columns, also written by patients that speak to nutrition, symptoms management, financial expenses, misconceptions, and medical negligence, and that is literally the tip of the thyberg. Moreover, we have strong outreach and awareness programs. Please read our Mission Statement and Our Vision.
Patients with thyroid diseases and thyroid cancers write and submit letters to their thyroids beginning with Dear Thyroid, of course, among other literary things. With the exclusion of religion and politics, and the inclusion of uncensored language, and health care issues, we come together in the name of thyroid disease.
Dear Thyroid gives us the opportunity to speak directly to our thyroids, not about our thyroids, on our terms, in our own words, to tell them specifically how they have and continue to impact our lives. Each letter, column, comment, rant or rave is a testament – living proof – evidence of the realities our respective diseases.
By sharing our letters, we discover commonalities; learn about each other’s diseases and cancers, and find camaraderie, as we do by discussing each other’s experiences of our diseases and how those experiences shape and reshape our lives. Beginning with an extraordinary community of bold, uncensored voices expressing stupendous courage, outrageous humor, uncompromising irreverence, tenacious honesty and kindred love; the heart and soul of Dear Thyroid, the very essence of it, is the community.
Because thyroid diseases and thyroid cancers radically affect our families, we welcome and celebrate Dear Thyroid Family letters, letters from families who want to write to their loved ones thyroid, and talk about how its affected their lives.
Dear Thyroid’s Literary, Visual, Outreach and Podcast Portfolio
- Dear Thyroid Letters
- Letters from Patients to their Thyroids
- Family Letters
- Thyoligisms, Thygraphs, Thyetry, Thysongs and Thykus, to name a few
- Dear Thyroid Flickr Pool
- Dear Thyroid T-Shirts
- Tales from Thyietnam, our twice monthly podcast featuring renowned thyroid patient advocates, authors, writers and more
- How to Kick your Thyroid’s Ass, a nutrition column
- Flying With Broken Wings, a thyroid research and awareness column dedicated to a myriad of topics that speak to thyroid patient issues: symptoms we don’t discuss, changes to our bodies and solutions to empower ourselves.
- Life Redefined, thyroid cancer in young adults column, which speaks to patients pre/during and post thyroid cancer, and the issues patients face.
- Chronic Snarkopolist, a column dealing with the management of multiple chronic conditions, and thyroid cancer.
- Fat Thigh-roid Woes, a Graves’ disease column dealing with disease management and symptoms.
- Dear Thyroid Community Outreach, Dear Thyroid Local Patient Meet ups and Tweet ups, Dear Thyroid Telephone Support Meet Ups
- Wearing My Disease On My Sleeve
Dear Thyroid, DearThyroid.com, DearThyroid.org and all variations of Dear Thyroid (©All rights Reserved. WGA #1357149)
Dear Thyroid Anthology (© All rights Reserved. WGA #1357150)
Healing our Thyroids One Letter at a Time (© All rights Reserved)