Dear Thyroid Letter Submissions
In Dear Thyroid’s opinion, the written word is sacred. Speaking for ourselves, the ability for women, teens and men to write to their thyroids, and from their thyroids can be enormously cathartic. As well as writing letters to insurers, letters regarding health care expenses, letters to doctors, and any other types of letters that the community can think of, we want to see them written.
When we’re silent, our diseases win.
Additionally, speaking up and out about our diseases creates awareness, makes us feel less isolated and breeds solidarity.
By expressing ourselves as we see fit, using language that we define as appropriate for our individual selves, Dear Thyroid is and remains the community’s literary sanctuary, to express: rage, sorrow, irreverence, humor and happiness about the community’s experience of their thyroid disease, thyroid cancer or whatever thyroid issues each community member is facing or faced.
Please note: the below bullet points are guidelines. Meaning, if you have an idea for a letter that you wish to write and submit, send it! We’d love to share it with the Dear Thyroid community. Don’t be shy. We welcome and embrace creativity and candor. Your words are treasure troves.
As our slogan states: “Healing our thyroids one letter at a time”. This means, the community is free to write as many letters as it takes. There is no limit to how many Dear Thyroid Letters a patient can write and submit.
- Dear Thyroid Letters from Patients: Whether you’ve had or are currently dealing with any type of thyroid issue, we accept letters addressed as follows, “Dear Thyroid”
- Dear Patient’s Thyroid Letters: We love these letters too, from thyroids to patients, addressed as follows, “Dear Patient’s Name Thyroid”
- Dear Insurer: Letters from patients to their insurance companies “Dear (Host or Hostess’s Name’s) Insurance Company (or simply ‘Dear Insurance Company’).
- Dear Doctor Letters: “Dear Doctor” from host or hostess’s name
When Submitting Dear Thyroid Letters, please include the following:
- Each letter should begin with one of the aforementioned bullet points.
- A short bio (25-50 words)
- A link to your Blog, Website, Twitter, Facebook or other site that you claim space on, if you have one.
- There is NO word count.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (or) email@example.com
Look what people are saying about YOU outstanding authors that make Dear Thyroid what it is today!
The BEST and most BEAUTIFUL INFORMATIVE WELL WRITTEN CREATIVE WEBSITE I HAVE EVER SEEN. — Joy Hurwitz, Film/TV/Web Producer